For Immediate Release
June 29, 2020
Filipino Young Leaders Program Appoints Tiffany Batac as New Board Member
The Filipino Young Leaders Program (FYLPRO), a joint initiative with the Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C. and the Ayala Foundation, Inc., is pleased to announce the appointment of Tiffany Batac to its 2020–2021 Board of Directors. Batac will fill the vacant seat of immediate past FYLPRO president JR Calanoc who recently retired from the board to focus on his new project: a co-working space for Filipino-American startups and entrepreneurs. Calanoc will continue to be actively involved in the organization by serving on its various committees.
Batac is Assistant Vice President and Principal Consultant at WSP, a globally recognized professional services firm, where she advises infrastructure clients as part of the Asset Management and Business Advisory group. Batac also serves on the FYLPRO COVID-19 Task Force.
“FYLPRO has demonstrated organizational resilience and an ability to quickly adapt its programs and services during the COVID-19 pandemic.” Batac said, “It has been a privilege to be an active member of FYLPRO’s COVID-19 Task Force as we strive to expand relief to Filipino communities in the US and abroad. I look forward to further contributing to the organization’s continued growth by serving on FYLPRO’s Board of Directors. I’m confident that we will come out of this pandemic even stronger together – both as an organization and as a community.”
Batac will assume her role immediately, finishing Calanoc’s term ending in December 2020. She joins the executive committee and board of directors elected in February and May 2020:
- The Honorable Joshua Ang Price,’18, President (Little Rock, AR)
- Louella Cabalona,’12, Vice President (Chicago, IL)
- Major Charlynne McGinnis,‘18, Secretary (Honolulu, HI)
- Melissa Palma, MD, ’18, Treasurer (Chicago, IL)
Board of Directors:
- Sergio J. Alcubilla III, Esq., ‘19, (Honolulu, HI)
- Darell Artates, Ex Officio (Washington, DC)
- Jen Coliflores, Esq., ’15, (Boston, MA)
- Krystle Canare, ’19, (Washington, DC)
- Tony DelaRosa, ’18, (Miami, FL)
- Joanna Duarte, Ex Officio (Manila, PH)
- JP Ferrer,’14, (Chicago, IL)
- Donny Feliciano Rojo, ’16, (San Francisco, CA)
- Lakhi Siap, ’15, Immersion Program Co-Chair (Chicago, IL)
- TJ Simba-Medel, ‘19, (Bryant, AR)
- Brian Tajo, ‘18, (Washington, DC)
- Leezel Tanglao, ’19, (New York City, NY)
“We are thrilled to have 2016 alumna Tiffany Batac join our Board of Directors,” said FYLPRO President Joshua Ang Price. “Tiffany has already contributed her skillset, passion, and knowledge as an invaluable part of our COVID-19 Task Force, and we are lucky to have her on our team as a full board member as we pivot our organizational goals to serve our Filipino and Fil-Am communities during the pandemic.”
About Filipino Young Leaders Program (FYLPRO)
The Filipino Young Leaders Program (FYLPRO) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization of high-performing, next-generation leaders that have a passion for advancing the Philippines and the Filipino people.
FYLPRO was established in 2012 by the Philippine Embassy in Washington DC in cooperation with the Ayala Foundation Inc. (AFI) to annually identify outstanding young professionals in the Filipino communities across the United States and provide the delegates with invaluable community, business, and government insights and access to distinguished network captains of industry and government.
For more information:
# # #