COVID-19 Liability Waiver and Release of Claims
Liability Waiver and Release of Claims
By registering for a Filipino Young Leaders Program (FYLPRO) event (the “Event”), and for and in consideration of FYLPRO allowing me to register, attend, and participate in the Event, I, for myself and on behalf of my spouse, children, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to release; waive; covenant not to sue; and assume all risk of transportation, attendance, or participation in any or all activities of the Event.
I further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless FYLPRO, its employees, officers, directors, administrators, agents, instructors, speakers, members, other participants, sponsoring agencies, hosting hotel/convention center/venue—all of which are hereafter referred to as “Released Parties”—from any and all liability for any and all claims; judgments; costs, including attorney’s fees; demands; losses; or damages on account of injury, death, or damage to property incurred in connection with any action brought in any way connected with the Event, except when caused by the negligence of Released Parties.
This agreement is specifically intended to operate as a waiver of liability to the fullest extent allowed by law. I hereby acknowledge that I have read and agree to be bound by the terms of this Release.
COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement
The World Health Organization has declared the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) a worldwide pandemic. Due to its capacity to transmit from person-to-person through respiratory droplets and aerosols, the Filipino Young Leaders Program (FYLPRO) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, FYLPRO cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
In consideration of my participation in the foregoing, the undersigned acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I am aware of the existence of the risk on my physical appearance to the venue and my participation in the activity of FYLPRO that may cause injury or illness such as, but not limited to Influenza, MRSA, or COVID-19 that may lead to severe chronic disease, paralysis or death.
- I have not experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others within the past ten (10) days.
- I have not traveled at any point in the past ten 10 days either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19.
- To my knowledge, I have neither been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 nor have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for my treatment.
Following the pronouncements above I hereby declare the following:
- I am fully and personally responsible for my own safety and actions while and during my participation and I recognize that I may in any case be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- With full knowledge of the risks involved, I hereby release, waive, discharge FYLPRO, its board, officers, independent contractors, affiliates, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity while in, on, or around the premises or while using the facilities that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
- I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless FYLPRO from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, lawsuits, and/or liabilities or claims arising whether directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the released party due to injury, loss, or death from or related to COVID-19.
By signing below I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing Liability Release Waiver and understand its contents; that I am at least eighteen (18) years old and fully competent to give my consent; That I have been sufficiently informed of the risks involved and give my voluntary consent in signing it as my own free act and deed; that I give my voluntary consent in signing this Liability Release Waiver as my own free act and deed with full intention to be bound by the same, and free from any inducement or representation.
This waiver will remain effective until laws and mandates relevant to COVID-19 are lifted.
Phone Number Date Signed