Apply for the 2022 FYLPRO Immersion Program
We’re going back to the Philippines! Apply now for the 2022 FYLPRO Immersion Program, scheduled for the week of November 20, 2022.
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED
Applications must be submitted by Monday, Sept. 12, 2022, 11:59 p.m. Pacific. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Every year, FYLPRO works with the Philippine Embassy and the Consulates General in the United States to search for the most outstanding, next-generation Filipinos in the United States to participate in its distinguished Immersion Program in the Philippines.
For more information about the Immersion Program, read our press release: https://fylpro.org/filipino-young-leaders-program-announces-return-of-immersion-trip-in-2022
Read our FAQs: https://fylpro.org/immersionfaqs/
To apply, complete the application form at https://fylpro-2022-application.paperform.co/. A processing fee of $20 applies to each application. To complete your application, you must have two references submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf no later than Monday, September 12, 2022 at https://fylpro-2022-recommendation.paperform.co/. Applications without two letters of recommendation will not be considered.
As part of the application, you will need to:
- Upload your resume. For your resume, please cite involvement in your school, civic or community organizations. Provide information on the name of the organization, position in the organization, duties and significant accomplishments, and dates of membership. Highlight specific examples when you exhibited leadership skills and the ways in which you have been active with the Filipino-American community and advocating Philippine interests. Feel free to add additional pages to your standard resume.
- Propose a Legacy Project. Legacy Projects are social impact projects and initiatives that FYLPRO Alumni develop and implement after the Immersion Program in Manila. Legacy projects can be a non-profit, social enterprise, or a one-time campaign or initiative that advocate for and help advance the position of the Filipino community.
- Answer three key questions (limited to 500 words per question).
- What factors influenced your decision to apply to FYLPRO?
- What do you think are the main challenges facing Philippines (enumerate no more than 3)? Why do these issues matter to you and what would you recommend to the Philippine government as solutions for these issues?
- How do you plan to echo what you learned from FYLPRO to your peers and stakeholders? How do you intend to use your leadership skills to contribute to the advancement of the interests of Filipinos and to the development of the Philippines?
View the application questions here
Complete your application at https://fylpro-2022-application.paperform.co/ no later than Monday, Sept. 12, 2022, 11:59 p.m. Pacific.