The Filipino Young Leaders Program (FYLPRO) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization of high-performing, next-generation leaders that have a passion for advancing the Philippines and the Filipino people.
FYLPRO was established in 2012 by Former Ambassador of the Republic of the Philippines to the United States of America, Jose L. Cuisia, Jr. and Mrs. Victoria J. Cuisia in cooperation with the Ayala Foundation Inc. (AFI) to annually identify outstanding young professionals in the Filipino communities across the United States and provide the delegates with invaluable community, business, and government insights and access to a distinguished network captains of industry and government.
The organization’s guiding principles include:
- Integrity – showing high character, accountability
- Innovation – Creativity, thinking out of the box
- Collaboration – working together with communities and individuals that share the same values
- Pride in being Filipino – promoting and celebrating our heritage in the past and improving, preserving our cultural roots and moving Filipinos forward
- Compassion – patience, humility, understanding, empathy
This is why we do what we do:
- Bridge connection between Filipinos and Fil-Am issues
- Representation in numbers and credibility
- To discover, design and define the Filipino brand
We aim to:
- Capture and magnify the voice of the Filipino youth community in the US (ages 40 & under)
- Preserve the Filipino culture, customs, and values
- Build empathy towards Filipino community both in the Philippines and the US
- Maintain grassroots and non-partisan approach of working locally in the fields of: arts/culture, business, design, education, engineering, finance, government, medicine, policy, and technology that will have an impact nationally and globally
- Continue and strengthen the dialogue with the highest officials and policymakers in the Philippines and US, leaders of industry, media, artists and cultural experts, and entrepreneurs.