Immersion Program Application
Every year, FYLPRO works with the Philippine Embassy and the Consulates General in the United States to search for the most outstanding, next-generation Filipinos in the United States to participate in its distinguished Immersion Program in the Philippines.
2019 FYLPRO IMMERSION PROGRAM DATES:*this schedule is subject to change
- July 5 – Application open
- September 8 (11:59 p.m. EST) – NEW APPLICATION DEADLINE
- September 30 – 2019 FYLPRO Delegate Announcement
- November 23-29 – Philippine Immersion Program
Who Can Apply
- Leaders no younger than 25 years old and no older than 40 years old by November 23, 2019, the first day of the 2019 Immersion Program
- Ready and capable of traveling to the Philippines, arriving in Manila by Saturday, November 23, 2019 and departing no earlier than Saturday, November 30, 2019. If selected, the program will shoulder airfare and accommodations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills within their school, community, workplace or other areas of involvement
- Have potential or demonstrated involvement in the Filipino community, or in issues and/or activities that align with the interest of the Filipino American community or the Philippines.
2019 FYLPRO Application Requirements
- I. General application form
- II. Resume For your resume, please cite involvement in your school, civic or community organizations. Provide information on the name of the organization, position in the organization, duties and significant accomplishments, and dates of membership. Highlight specific examples when you exhibited leadership skills and the ways in which you have been active with the Filipino-American community and advocating Philippine interests. Feel free to add additional pages to your standard resume.
- III. Two letters of recommendation
- IV. Response to 3 key questions (500 words maximum per question):
- What factors influenced your decision to apply to FYLPRO?
- What do you think are the main challenges facing Philippines (enumerate no more than 3)? Why do these issues matter to you and what would you recommend to the Philippine government as solutions for these issues?
- How do you plan to echo what you learned from FYLPRO to your peers and stakeholders? How do you intend to use your leadership skills to contribute to the advancement of the interests of Filipinos and to the development of the Philippines?
- V. Legacy Project ProposalLegacy Projects are social impact projects and initiatives that FYLPRO Alumni develop and implement after the Immersion Program in Manila. Legacy projects can be a non-profit, social enterprise, or a one-time campaign or initiative that advocate for and help advance the position of the Filipino community.
2019 FYLPRO Immersion Program
Please fill out this form to be included in the roster of applicants for this year’s program and to receive special announcements for this year’s program.