Two FYLPRO Info Sessions are scheduled this week for alumni to engage the public in meaning discussion as they share their experiences in the Philippines during the Immersion Program, and to share updates about their initiatives here in the U.S.
FYLPRO Immersion Program Info Session: Chicago
Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
Chicago Philippine Consulate
122 S Michigan Ave. #1600, Chicago, IL 60603
FYLPRO Immersion Program Info Session: Los Angeles
Friday, June 30, 2017 at 6 p.m.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles
1145 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90017
Both events are free and open to the public, especially for young leaders who are considering applying for the program. FYLPRO alumni will be present to answer questions about the application requirements, especially the essay.
FYLPRO would like to thank Chicago Philippine Consul General Generoso D.G. Calonge and Los Angeles Philippine Consul General Adelio Angelito S. Cruz , who will both be present at the respective events to support our leaders.
Every year, FYLPRO works with the Philippine Embassy, the Philippine Consulates in the United States and Ayala Foundation, Inc. to search for the 10 most outstanding, next-generation Filipinos in the United States to participate in its distinguished Immersion Program in the Philippines – a week-long, all-expense paid trip to the Philippines to meet leaders in various fields and strengthen the ties between the U.S. and the Philippines.
The official dates of the 2017 Immersion Program are October 8 to 14. This is the sixth FYLPRO Immersion Program since its inception in 2012.
The deadline to apply is July 7.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Leaders no younger than 25 years old and no older than 40 years old by Oct. 8, 2017, the first day of the 2017 Immersion Program
- Ready and capable of traveling to the Philippines, arriving in Manila by Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017 and departing no earlier than Oct. 14, 2017. If selected, the program will shoulder airfare and accommodations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills within their school, community,workplace or other area of involvement
- Have potential or demonstrated involvement in the Filipino community,or in issues and/or activities that align with the interest of the Filipino American community or the Philippines.
2017 FYLPRO APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Fill-out the Intent to apply form here.
- Completed Application Form.
- Two letters of recommendation
- A selfie/profile photo and 200-word bio
Email everything to email@example.com by July 7, 11:59 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time
FYLPRO recognizes the need for young leaders to have a stronger connection with the Philippines and to immerse delegates in the country’s current political and socio-economic climate. The program helps our FYLPRO leaders better position themselves in advocating for the Filipino-American community.
Today, FYLPRO continues to work on ventures to give back to the community in Legacy Projects. These projects are as diverse as its alumni roster, from leadership summits, launching political campaigns to seek for elected office, creation of social enterprises that feature Philippines’ culture and traditions, or through collaboration with other entities with similar values.
For any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.